Masterbuilt 20077116 4-Rack Digital Electric Smoker with Leg Kit Cover and Gloves, 30″, Green Review
It is difficult to talk about great electric smokers without mentioning the Masterbuilt Company in the same sentence. This is because of the immense good reputation and the experience that it has in the market. While the Company is responsible for releasing so many products into the market, this particular model has satisfied many customers all over the world. This is mainly because of the dazzling features that it has.
Some of these features include:
- Has four chrome-coated smoking racks
- RF remote controls
- Have legs of up to 10 inches
- Has additional features such as smoker cover, carving gloves and 25-recipe cook booklet
Some of the benefits that come with this product include:
- With its huge capacity, the smoker can smoke up to 80 pounds of food. In addition to that, it has an 800-watt heating element that ensures there is even smoking of the food. These features make the smoker efficient.
- This smoker is amongst the few brands available that allows you to use a remote control to control it. From where you are sitting, you can regulate the smoker’s temperatures depending on your preference. In addition to that, its legs give it a 10-inch height boost. This enhances its easy success. Generally, we can say that this smoker is very convenient.
- It is also very easy to operate this smoker as it comes with a booklet containing clear instructions of how you can go about your smoking process. As a surplus, the smoker also provides you with a recipe on how to smoke various types of food.
- The smoker takes a lot of time before it reaches the set temperature.
How to use an electric smoker effectively
Especially for beginners, using this electric smoker can pose quite a challenge. However, you can use the following general tips to for the purposes of bringing out the best in your smoker:
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions
After deciding the type of electric smoker that you need and you have purchased it already, the first step is to read the user guide available. Here, you will get information such as directions on how to use the smoker, what to avoid and general information about the brand.
- Cure the electric smoker
If it is the first time that you are using the electric smoker, curing or seasoning it is a very important process. This process allows you to remove all the odor solvent or dusts that may have stuck on the interior parts of the smoker. Here, it is also important to read the manufacturers guide on how to go about this process.
- Turn the smoker on
After preparing your meat using any of your personal preferences, it is time to turn on the smoker. You can prepare the meat for smoking by seasoning it with dry rub for example sugar or salt then letting the meat sit for a night for it to absorb the flavor. Depending on your type of smoker, you might need wood chips too. After turning the smoker on, regulate its temperature to your desired levels. Here again, you might have to rely on the manufacturer’s guide to achieve this.
- Put your meat in the smoker
It usually takes some time before the smoker reaches the temperature that you have set. Once the smoker reaches the set temperature, it is time to put your meat in the machine and wait for it to smoke. The smoking period can take a considerable amount of time with some taking over eight hours to complete the process. Use a meat thermometer to check if your meat is ready after the time set has elapsed. From there, you can remove your food from the smoker for preserving purposes.
This Masterbuilt 200771 from the Masterbuilt Company has all the necessary features that allow it to rank amongst the best. For example, the remote feature is one that I think would interest many customers. The Company has done visibly all it can to ensure that the product offers utmost convenience. With the benefits that come with this smoker, it is safe to say that this product is worth considering the next time you are looking to acquire one.